I have been told by one of my customers that my app (and some others)
no longer works on his phone since he got an OTA for2.1-update.

a bit of a Google about and it sounds like yes - my customer and my
app are not alone.

Has any-one else encountered this - is it Verizon's fault or has my
app got some obscure bug?

thanks,
           Pete

User's quote:

The icon has changed from the normal group text icon to a generic
android icon, and
instead of being called group text, the name that shows up in my app
menu is
"com.smallbould". When I click on the icon, every time I get an
immediate
message saying that Andriod Home has to be force closed. I never even
make
it to the group text main screen... nothing from group text loads,
period.

I can uninstall the app and then reinstall it from Android market
and
everything goes back to normal... the icon and the app name go back
normal and the app loads and works without a problem. But as soon as I
power
down the phone, the app reverts to the generic icon and becomes
totally non
functional
again.

For what its worth, Fandango and History Eraser also have this problem
after
2.1-update1. All of these apps worked flawlessly before the update. My
phone
is an LG Ally from Verizon.