Figured out my problem with HTTP MIME and got it running.  New issue
has naturally arisen.

I'm trying to get a multipart form using MultipartEntity, which is
working fine for the signing up process we do in our app.  However,
uploading XML files is proving problematic as the content headers just
don't look right.

Is there a way to specify an entity while still maintaining control of
setting the content type and specifying base64 encoding for a
particular part?  The documentation on the libraries is sparse, and
there isn't too much to go on by way of code examples.

On a more abstract level, is this a normal method of information
transport?  I'm fairly novice to client-server apps, but I was under
the impression you either go fully XML or fully HTTP for client-server
communication, but not a mixture of both.