Hi,

Does anybody know why an "[app_process]" stays alive after the finish() method
is called to stop an "Activity" ?

Here's the (simplified) story in detail;

Let's say I have an "Activity" where I call a class instance within its
onCreate() method. Let's call this class "ClassA".

After ClassA is constructed, I call a method that belongs to "ClassA" again
from the Activity's onCreate() method. Say this method is for listening
location for updates, so it starts listening by activating GPS.

Now, when I need to stop the "Activity", (assume we have a "Stop" button on the
screen and the user presses it when needed) I first remove the request for
location updates and then call the finish() method. I don't do anything special
in onDestroy() method (just super.onDestroy()).

Here's the result;

If it's the first time that I am running this activity after the device is
booted, then location updates are removed (GPS symbol on top disappears) and
the application stops. However, "[app_process]" stays alive and keeps on
running. If I start the application again at this point (another [app_process]
is popped up at this stage), it starts running however it doesn't even respond
to any stopping attempt, not even the GPS symbol goes away. This is probably
due to the application not being properly killed in the first place (and thus
"[app_process]" can still be observed as one of the running processes on the
phone).

So, does anybody have any idea on what is missing here ?

Thanks in advance,

Emre