On Oct 4, 11:46 am, tony obrien <tobsourcecode...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I'll concede that the cache is useful for the WEB (or web-like)
> aspects of the MARKET app -- but (it still) seems to me that if its
> MAIN FUNCTION is to provide d/l of apps, then those app 'references'
> should not be cached but should always be refreshed.

You're making the assumption that people are in desperate need of
getting the latest app at the cost of greatly increased network
traffic for the Market and slower load times for the user.

If apps were constantly being updated and those updates were crucial
to the end user experience, then yes, we need constant refreshes.

The reality of the matter is that apps are updated infrequently and no
one complains if they happen to get an app that's a few minutes old.
It's highly unlikely that it (or its market data) changed in that
time.

Take a breath, get a cup of coffee (or cut down on the coffee!).
Everything's going to be all right.  Your situation is the exception,
not the rule.  :-)

Doug