Sorry second post wasn't worded properly.

Yes, I was asking obfuscating one jar, rather than the entire
application. If that's a good approach and if that's safe to do.
That's why the second post, if using a jar on an application if it
could be easily extracted.  Cause if you could there is no point in
obfuscating the jar, since it could be extracted and reused by some
other app.

-Moto