  android:layout_height="fill_parent"
android:orientation="horizontal">

<ImageView android:id="@+id/ImageView01"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/icon"></
ImageView><LinearLayout android:id="@+id/LinearLayout01"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"><TextView android:id="@+id/text1"
android:textSize="16sp" android:textStyle="bold"
android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_width="200dip" /></
LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:id="@+id/LinearLayout02"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"><CheckBox android:id="@+id/
CheckBox01" android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"></CheckBox>
</LinearLayout>

and this is the code

package com.sai.ui.listview;

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.HashMap;

import android.app.AlertDialog;
import android.app.ListActivity;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.view.View;
import android.widget.ListView;
import android.widget.SimpleAdapter;

public class MyCustomListView extends ListActivity {

        private String[] m_orders =
{"Swix","Dominator","Holmenkol","Rex","Rode",
                         "Skigo","Star","Toko","Vauhti","Vola"};

    @Override
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.custom_list_view);

        SimpleAdapter adapter = new SimpleAdapter(
                        this,
                        list,
                        R.layout.custom_row_view,
                        new String[] {"image","text","check"},
                        new int[] {R.id.ImageView01,R.id.text1}
                        );
        populateList();
        setListAdapter(adapter);
    }

    static final ArrayList<HashMap<String,String>> list =
        new ArrayList<HashMap<String,String>>();

    private void populateList() {
        HashMap<String,String> temp = new HashMap<String,String>();
        temp.put("text","Swix");
        temp.put("image", ""+getResources().getIdentifier("swix",
"drawable", getPackageName()));
        list.add(temp);

        HashMap<String,String> temp1 = new HashMap<String,String>();
        temp1.put("text","Dominator");
        temp1.put("image", ""+getResources().getIdentifier("dominator",
"drawable", getPackageName()));
        list.add(temp1);

        HashMap<String,String> temp2 = new HashMap<String,String>();
        temp2.put("text","Holmenkol");
        temp2.put("image", ""+getResources().getIdentifier("holmenkol",
"drawable", getPackageName()));
        list.add(temp2);

        HashMap<String,String> temp3 = new HashMap<String,String>();
        temp3.put("text","Rex");
        temp3.put("image", ""+getResources().getIdentifier("rex",
"drawable", getPackageName()));
        list.add(temp3);

        HashMap<String,String> temp4 = new HashMap<String,String>();
        temp4.put("text","Rode");
        temp4.put("image", ""+getResources().getIdentifier("rode",
"drawable", getPackageName()));
        list.add(temp4);

    }

    @Override
    protected void onListItemClick(ListView l, View v, int position,
long id) {
            //
this.m_adapter.getItem(position).click(this.getApplicationContext());
        AlertDialog.Builder adb = new
AlertDialog.Builder(MyCustomListView.this);
                adb.setTitle("LVSelectedItemExample");
                adb.setMessage("Selected Item is = " + m_orders[position]);
                adb.setPositiveButton("Ok", null);
                adb.show();

    }
}