This is not the first time someone has this problem. When googling
I've found plenty of questions from people having similar problems to
the one I'm describing below, but no satisfactory answer. I've been
trying to get this to work reliably for weeks now (not 100% of the
time, of course) but I just can't make it work.

What I'm doing is that I'm putting a HorizontalScrollView that
contains a series of ImageView instances inside a ListView row. The
ListView can have tens up to maybe 100 rows, but only one of the rows
(the first one) contain the HorizontalScrollView. Essentially, the
first ron contains the description and a horizontally scrollable list
of photos, and the remaining rows are people's comments to it.

Now, what happens is a bit tricky to explain; the horizontal scrolling
works fine initially. Initially, horizontal scrolling works fine.
However, once the user taps on a comment row the HorizontalScrollView
gets stuck. It's not completely stuck though. If I swipe it after it
gets stuck, nothing happens until I tap somewhere else (for example on
the descriptive TextView associated with the photos, or on one of the
comments). At this point, the HorizontalScrollView immediate snaps to
the correct location. It's like it stops animating the scrolling,
although the swipe events still comes through (since it snaps to
exactly the correct position once I tap somewhere else).

I've experimented with various combinations of attributes to prevent
focusability of the HorizontalScrollView which was suggested in one of
the forums I found when googling for this problem. It helped for him,
but makes absolutely no difference in my case.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the cause of this
problem?

For the record: I'm using a Nexus 1 with 2.2, and I also get the
problem using the emulator.

Regards,
Elias