i tried that too , but it gave error, it seems that you cant use
android.provider.CallLog.Calls.CONTENT_URI for  ACTION_PICK , i looked
on other places places and did some search on that but this an't
possible there is no intent for selecting a contact from call log so
eventually i wrote my own code to load all call log contacts in a List
view.