TreKing, Thanks for your information.

Yea, I am trying to do a kind of hacking. I need an alert sound in case of
some events. and I find it easy.

I have one more doubt, is it necessary to cancel my notification. as
currently, I am simply calling notify method. and not canceling it.
Do you mean by 'automatically canceled yourself', that I need to call cancel
method on it.
If so what should be place to call it?
As par my understanding the cancel will cancel my notification. So what are
side effects if I will not call cancel()?

Thanks,
Suresh Pal