How is this for a start?

Zip file containing white and gray tab icons for bus, car, bike,
pedestrian, and two types of star in sizes from 512px to 32px:
http://drop.io/pwrsdfe

Here is a sample image: http://drop.io/pwrsdfe/asset/sample-png

If you like them well enough, I'll tackle making more, and put them up
on a nice site.

My development career in Android revolves around icons (launcherpro
icons app), and I've been itching for a way to contribute something
free to the dev community.  I welcome any feedback in general or
particular about the icons.