I don't think that you will ever have a solution that will prevent the pirates from stealing. The question is, does LVL prevent the average person from being able to steal the app?

For example, on some stores someone can simply forward the email with the download link to the app they just purchased to one or more friends. That is really easy for people to do. I added a simple license check to stop this kind of stealing. I'm sure hardcore pirates could steal my apps but at least I have prevented the common case that just about everyone can figure out.

Unfortunately I'm not a big Android expert so I don't know how easy it is to even copy an app on Android. Does the average person have the means share/steal an app they purchased off the market if it doesn't use LVL?