okay, i'm trying to get the same thing working.  i am doing this and I
see --

C:\test>adb shell monkey -p com.test --setup scriptfile -v -f /sdcard/
test.txt 1
:Monkey: seed=0 count=1
:AllowPackage: com.slacker.radio
:IncludeCategory: android.intent.category.LAUNCHER
:IncludeCategory: android.intent.category.MONKEY
Replaying 0 events with speed 1.0

C:\test>

My test.txt file looks like this --

# sample
tap 160 200

# quit
quit

And my scriptfile looks like this --

# Script to start "monkey" on the device, which has a very rudimentary
# shell.
#
base=/system
export CLASSPATH=$base/framework/monkey.jar
exec app_process $base/bin com.android.commands.monkey.Monkey $*

----

But nothing happens.

Any ideas?

tia.