Hi,

I have a TabActivity. Each tab hosts its own activity. I wanted to use
a custom titlebar. I don't believe it's possible to access the custom
titlebar from the child activities:

  // main tab activity
  public class MainTabActivity extends TabActivity {
    protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

        requestWindowFeature(Window.FEATURE_CUSTOM_TITLE);
        setContentView(R.layout.my_content);
        getWindow().setFeatureInt(Window.FEATURE_CUSTOM_TITLE,
R.layout.my_header);
    }
  }

I cannot move custom titlebar creation into the child activities,
moving the above 3 lines into a child activity will throw an
AndroidRuntimeException:

  "You cannot combine custom titles with other title features"

I can only think of two possible solutions:

1) Replace tab activities with tab views - too late to do that now.
2) Create the custom header bar in the main tab activity as above. Let
children activities broadcast a message that the main tab activity can
catch when they want some part of the custom titlebar to change (like
starting a progress bar etc).

Any other possible solutions here?

Thanks