If I have a File object which points to a non-existent directory
(which is within my apps 'app_data' space), I can call file.mkdir() or
file.mkdirs() to create the directories.  However, if I do this, the
directories seem to be created with permissions set for access only by
the owner (i.e. drwx------).  Then if I write a .mp3 file into that
directory, I cannot later play that .mp3 file using the MediaPlayer,
apparently because it does not have permission to read the file (note
that if I put the .mp3 file directly in the 'app_data' directory, it
works fine).  How can I set the permissions on the directories that I
create so that the MediaPlayer can access the files?

Thanks.