> Perhaps your DroidX is broken. I give up. Sorry again.

Or, please,
This behavior is reproducible with a simulator 2.1, 2.2
and, according to other posts, which I quoted above,
was in Android OS since the very beginning.

Any solution?

In particular, I would appreciate if Mark Murphy will elaborate on his
suggestions about FLAG_ACTIVITY_REORDER_TO_FRONT.
As I understood from other posts, people suggest to create some other
dummy activity to be launched by OS
and then launch the main GUI activity programmatically. But I am not
sure whether that would be the best solution for this so common
problem.

Thank you
John