I needed the same thing awhile ago and couldn't find a good implementation of it anywhere.

What I came up with was I embedded a WebView control in my AlertDialog, and used Javascript to control the spinner. What I did was create a "web page" with the information I wanted to scroll in the background and moved it up and down with the Javascript. It works well.. and looks good, but it was a pain to program. Hope you find an easier way.

There was a fairly long thread on it on (I think) osdir.com.. and I took the basic idea from there.

Sincerely,

Brad Gies
Bistro Bot - Bistro Blurb
http://bgies.com            http://nocrappyapps.com
http://bistroblurb.com      http://forcethetruth.com
http://ihottonight.com
Everything in moderation, including abstinence (paraphrased)

Every person is born with a brain... Those who use it well are the successful
happy ones - Brad Gies

Adversity can make or break you... It's your choice... Choose wisely - Brad Gies

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead