Hello. I'm trying to update the CalLog to change the name/cached name
of an entry. I have successfully updated a row but once i go into the
call log on my phone the displayed name is removed after a short
moment. I figured this is because the number of the incoming called is
not found in any of the contacts. But why would it then clear the
cached name that is in the Log?
If the number is not in contacts the call log should display the
cached name without trying to refresh it? Atleast that's the behaviour
I expect.

So, my question is: Is it possible to add a name to an incoming number
to display in the call log without adding the number and name to the
contact list? I've figured it should be possible to add the contact
first, then mark it as removed and thus get it displayed in the call
log but that seems like a stupid work-around.

// Anders