Did you ever figure this one out? I tried to create a very simple map
application, but got the "stub" exception at startup both on device
and in emulator:
E/AndroidRuntime(  263): Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: stub
E/AndroidRuntime(  263):        at
com.google.android.maps.MapActivity.<init>(Unknown Source)

Followed the tutorial from here:
http://developer.android.com/guide/tutorials/views/hello-mapview.html
with no success. Must be something with the setup?

-Christer