On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 4:22 PM, SImplyG2010
<thomas.sheppar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel what do you use instead? The weird thing is that the timings
> shown above are purely for the execute call not the creation of the
> client object or anything.

Thomas,

What I meant was that I have not been using HttpClient much in my
app(s). Used it for one activity that was much easier to achieve as a
web view and never looked at its performance.

To be sure about your times, try snooping on the network traffic just
to see, how quickly your POST gets down the wire... This will require
emulator and a traffic capture tool, like Wireshark.

You should see whether there is a noticeable delay between first call
and data being actually sent.

Also, could it be possible that your server is implemented, so that it
needs warming up? Maybe you test it locally with server restarts
between various tests?

Either way, as soon as you can establish rough delays between data
actually sent and data actually received, then you will know, whether
the problem is with your app or somewhere external.

--
Daniel Drozdzewski