> For previous videos, I've used a tripod and a camcorder aimed downward
> at a table. This can still work reasonably well, but won't meet the
> alternate stores requirement of "unaltered, unedited capture from the
> app".

You could always try asking the account manager if camera video
capture of the app is OK. My welcome packet for that app store got
sent to my spam folder in gmail and I never saw it, but after some
emailing, we figured it out. So they do respond to emails.

They flat out tell you to crop out the OS taskbar in some cases in the
same document anyway, which is editing, so I think you have to read
the first bullet point in the context of not misrepresenting your app,
which the rest of the bullet implies is its purpose.

> If you don't mind my asking, what did you use to suspend the camera?
> That Logitech one seems interesting, but it looks like it's designed
> as a Webcam, for clipping to a monitor or notebook.

In that case it was just clipped to the arm of the document camera. It
seems grippy enough that it can support itself facing straight down
with the clip end horizontal. Unfortunately, I didn't trust the zoom
not to cut my resolution and interpolate up, so I put a cardboard box
under the phone to get it close enough to the camera not to have to
zoom much, which is why you can see the phone moving a little when I
push hard enough for the crummy touchscreen to register.

I built a new lower gantry now anyway, made out of cardboard again,
but it's fine since the webcam is light and won't be touched and the
phone sits on a solid surface. I have some videos that way of a dice/
puzzle game I do the programming for, but haven't posted them yet.
Getting bright lighting without glare or reflections is tough. If I
could manage it I could crank the frame rate of the camera up. I
haven't even started learning how to edit footage into glitzy promo
videos, unfortunately. Maybe I should just hire a PR person and focus
on coding.

Emulator is no good for OpenGL games, but I ordered a video out cable
for the Incredible I have access to, so I'll try that soon too. Too
bad the HDMI video out on some phones is for a couple built-in apps
only. Pure digital would look better than capturing analog composite,
even if the capture equipment costs an arm and a leg.