Ok, then.

Subclass ImageView, implement onTouch to handle user interaction, handle scrolling, etc.

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/ui-events.html

Trying to get location from GPS is *probably* going to be meaningless. My Motorola Milestone shows location precision of about 30-100 meters (per Google Maps), and in reality it's off by up to 100-200 meters and . This is indoors, inside the apartment.

You might want to think about letting the user mark their current location on the map.

But just in case, here is a link for how to get location information:

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/location/obtaining-user-location.html

-- Kostya