I am using the Bluetooth Chat sample app from android website. I want
to send a long message in the format <MSG><N>xxx<!N><V>yyy<!V><!MSG>
(xxx-name of the message, yyy-value of the message) and receive it on
the other side and display on my phone (HTC Desire). I will parse this
message further, extract few things and use it for my app.

I am not able to receive all the characters in the above message (few
characters get randomly omitted). Is it because of a problem in the
InputStream "read" method of the bluetooth socket or that the
bluetooth SPP profile has bugs and problems in HTC Desire or any other
reason? I have tried the InputStream to be a byte buffer, a char
buffer and then create a string out of the buffer contents (using
normal new String, StringBuilder and StringBuffer). But somehow I am
not able to display the entire message as shown above on my phone.

Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Cheers,
Madhu Nandan