Hi guys,

Currently, I am studying handling configuration changes. In this
process I look in this method   onRetainNonConfigurationInstance(). As
par APIs it is called whenever the activity is restarted because of
configuration changes.
I have also looked the onSaveInstanceState() method, which is called
whenever the activity is going to get killed.

It means both of these methods are called whenever there is
configuration changes - because my understanding is restart is also
killing the activity.
So, I wonder what are differences between the two methods and in why
should one not use  onSaveInstanceState() instead of
onRetainNonConfigurationInstance() for the configuration changes.

Please share your information on this.

Thanks,
Suresh Pal
LinkedIn:          http://www.linkedin.com/in/sapientsuresh