We have a ListView and a WebView in a FrameLayout. The WebView is set
as empty view for the ListView.

The WebView contains some HTML text with hyperlinks. The problem is
when the List is empty and the webView is displayed, we cannot click
the links in the WebView using the touch interface. However, if the
user uses the trackball, he can move through the links and navigate
also.

It seems that when the user touches the WebView, the touch event is
being dispatched to the ListView and not the WebView. Is this
assumption correct?

Can some one please explain what is happening and how can this be
fixed?

Thanks.