Hello,

I have a strange problem. I want to use the standard ratingBar in my app.
I want to put in in an alertdialog, like it is done in the android
market app.
In the emulator it looks quite good. Same as I run the API demo ratingBar1.

But if I run it on my Desire froyo it looks strange. Between the stars
is a lot of space.
So I can see only 3 stars on the screen.
And also the stars are slightly cut off at the bottom.  Especially if I
rotate the screen.

The same problem occurs with the API demo rantingBar1 on my htc desire.
But the google market rating dialog with the 5 stars looks great. The
stars a lot of smaller.

Can someone plz give me a hint!

Here is the code:

 AlertDialog.Builder builder5 = new AlertDialog.Builder(this);
        builder5.setTitle("test");
        builder5.setCancelable(false);
        builder5.setPositiveButton("OK",
            new DialogInterface.OnClickListener() {
            public void onClick(DialogInterface dialog, int id) {

                  function code
            }
            }).setNegativeButton("Abbrechen",
            new DialogInterface.OnClickListener() {
            public void onClick(DialogInterface dialog, int id) {
                dialog.cancel();
            }
            });

        LinearLayout layout1 = new LinearLayout(this);

        // layout1.setOrientation(LinearLayout.VERTICAL);
        ratingBar = new RatingBar(this);
        ratingBar.setPadding(0, 0, 0, 50);
        // ratingBar.setRating(5.0f);

        ratingBar.setOnRatingBarChangeListener(this);
        ratingBar.setNumStars(5);
        ratingBar.setStepSize(1);

        layout1.addView(ratingBar);

        builder5.setView(layout1);