Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated. Thanks also for
pointing out the issues with the code I provided. However, this was
merely a stripped-down outline of what I am doing. The use of
mCoarseLocationListener is a type from the strip-down process, and I
agree that the LocationProvider variable is not necessary.

However, the problem remains that while the code works fine in 95% of
cases, there are still 5% of cases where I never get a call to
onLocationChanged. Any suggestions as to why this is the case would
still be much appreciated.

Best,
Michael.