I've never seen an app-widget removed automatically from the
homescreen...although it would make sense to do that once the app containing
the widget is uninstalled.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:49 AM, String <sterling.ud...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> If it's not a bug, it's certainly the known behavior of the OS, and always
> has been. Froyo is a bit better at this than previous versions,
> although still far from 100%. It sometimes will remove appwidgets when the
> underlying app is uninstalled; I think it happens when the Launcher has
> focus, though I wouldn't swear to that.
>
> I don't immediately see a bug for this on b.android.com, so feel free to
> file one.
>
> String

YuviDroid
Check out Launch-X <http://android.yuvalsharon.net/launchx.php> (a widget to
quickly access your favorite apps and contacts!)
http://android.yuvalsharon.net