hey all,

We're actively working on the editor, so this is good feedback.

The new editor in 8.x might look the same, but it's completely
different underneath and we have added the +/- features back.
the "-" button should be replaced by delete anyway. You can right
click and choose delete or simply hit delete on your keyboard.

The "+" option is indeed replaced by drag and drop. We've improved
drag and drop significantly (and still improving it for the next
version), and should be good enough that using "+" isn't needed.
In some cases too, "+" isn't enough, you need more information to know
where the item will be placed (like when dropping into a
relativeLayout).
(same thing with the up/down arrows)

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 11:52 PM, oriharel <ori.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Before the newest version I was able to create hierarchies using drag
> n' drop, performed on the outline view.
> Since the upgrade, I can't and the controls ('+', '-' and arrows) are
> missing.
>
> So how am I suppose to build view hierarchies now?

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!