I'm making a new project where I'm attempting to share only common
Java code (i.e. no Android classes used) that handle boring stuff like
data structures, data formatting, and XML parsing from my previous
Android app.  You know, stuff that I would eventually like to go back
and refactor to be properly done.

I had an issue with making an Eclipse library and importing that into
a project (Runtime validation errors, which I solved by importing each
JAR file for HTTP MIME separately), and I seem to be having an equally
lame issue right now.  Adding the previous project's source to my
build path gives this error:

[2008-11-19 12:24:58 - Dex Loader] Unable to execute dex: null
[2008-11-19 12:24:58 - MyApp] Conversion to Dalvik format failed:
Unable to execute dex: null

So a few questions come to mind:

1) What is this error referring to?  Is this a problem with my
Manifest (which is in a different library), or a limitation on how the
Eclipse plug-in works with the DVM?

And the more general...

2) Is creating user common code possible within Eclipse such that
Dalvik will not cause some error in compile/runtime validation?