I am running into a problem with just trying to instantiate a subclass
to Overlay.  I started with the Snake demo applicaiont and added a new
class.  When I try and run the application I get the error:

W/dalvikvm( 2748): Unable to resolve superclass of Lcom/example/
android/snake/SnakeOverlay; (36)
W/dalvikvm( 2748): Link of class 'Lcom/example/android/snake/
SnakeOverlay;' failed
W/dalvikvm( 2748): VFY: unable to resolve new-instance 30 (Lcom/
example/android/snake/SnakeOverlay;) in Lcom/example/android/snake/
Snake;
W/dalvikvm( 2748): VFY:  rejecting opcode 0x22 at 0x0004
W/dalvikvm( 2748): VFY:  rejected Lcom/example/android/snake/
Snake;.onCreate (Landroid/os/Bundle;)V

I get the same problems for MapPoint classes as well.

The problem occurs if I add a line like:

    SnakeOverlay so = new SnakeOverlay();

SnakeOverlay Class
package com.example.android.snake;
import com.google.android.maps.Overlay;

public class SnakeOverlay extends Overlay {
}

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John