Currently I'm used to developing on a small screen and now tablets and
TV are coming slowly but surly to the market...  Now the dilemma is
not all apps look great magnified on a larger screen.  The larger
screens allows us to combine different activities into one since they
fit and make sense sometimes.  The issue is when you combine
activities your existing app for cellphones become a mess trying to
support the new layout...  How can we manage smartly these new
options?

Here are my thoughts about splitting my app in two:

1. Implement large/xlarge layouts on my existing application.
Con: Brings new complexities to existing activity code.
Pro: I'll have the popularity numbers, downloads, rating, etc...

2. Create a brand new application for the large/xlarge screen sizes.
Con: No popularity numbers, downloads, ratings... etc...
Pro: A chance to start up fresh and create everything optimized for
these screens.

What are the issues/questions I have about providing all screen sizes
support into one app:
1. Making the app one nice juicy app that supports it all will be huge
and unnecessary waste of space for cellphones. Unless at installation
all different folders needed for larger screen dimensions are excluded
from installation.
2. How to open the correct activities for the correct screen sizes?
For example I would like to open MainActivityNormalScreen when phone
is running on a normal screen.  Or MainActivityLargeScreen when
running on a device with large screen.  I know I can code some helper
classes and such but things become a little tricky and messy.

What are your thoughts in respect to this subject? Would you try to
keep the app as one to support all these different screen sizes? Or
split them?

-Moto