Option #1: Edit it by hand

Option #2: Write a Java/Ruby/sed/whatever program to modify the data
and call that from an Ant Exec task

Option #3: Write a custom Ant task

Option #4: Use the Replace or ReplaceRegExp tasks

Option #5: Use a Script task and a Beanshell/Groovy/whatever script

Option #6: Use a Translate task

Option #7: Use an XSLT task

This, of course, would be a better question to ask someplace that is
relevant, such as an Ant discussion list. The fact that you happen to
be modifying an XML file from Android is not nearly as important as
the tool you seem to wish to use to modify it (Ant).

BTW, the Ant manual is at: http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM, sashad <olexanderdanc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Guys,
>
> I would like to override  android:versionName attribute that is
> located in AndroidManifest.xml
> here is a sample
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <manifest android:versionCode="1"
>        android:versionName="1.0" />
>
> I found ant code to read this value using xPath
>
> <xpath input="AndroidManifest.xml"
>           expression="/manifest/@android:versionName"
>           output="${manifest.versionName}"/>
>
> but I cannot find how to write this value using build ant script
> I am looking for some easy to implement way
>
> Please suggest,
> Thanks

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android 2.2 Programming Books: http://commonsware.com/books