There are quite a few tutorials on Maps out there, so you will find something.

My advice is to forget about "every few seconds", unless you're experimenting to see how fast you can kill a battery. Go for every 5 minutes or something, unless it's critical that you get updates that frequently. If you do need them that fast, you will need to build a way to turn it off easily and probably automatically if the user forgets about it.

Sincerely,

Brad Gies
Bistro Bot - Bistro Blurb
http://bgies.com            http://nocrappyapps.com
http://bistroblurb.com      http://forcethetruth.com
http://ihottonight.com
Everything in moderation, including abstinence (paraphrased)

Every person is born with a brain... Those who use it well are the successful
happy ones - Brad Gies

Adversity can make or break you... It's your choice... Choose wisely - Brad Gies

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead