A lot of discussion on this going on here.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2785485/is-there-a-unique-android-device-id

I am not sure of the answer which would work on
GSM/CDMA Phones + Tablets w/o phone capabilities. Any one got an
Android Tablet around to check this?

ANDROID ID would exist uniquely for "Google enabled Phones" as per the
link here.