Hi Guys,

I have an application which I'm going to enable Move to SD for. The problem
is that I have some scheduled alarms (for running some background tasks) so
if the application has already been moved to SD and the SD is mounted as a
disk drive, all my scheduled alarms and background services will be
terminated. Obviously my app should listen for
"ACTION_EXTERNAL_APPLICATIONS_AVAILABLE" broadcast to register/schedule the
alarms again as a classic solution...

Now the problem I'm facing is that the applications which have been moved to
SD wouldn't receive "ACTION_EXTERNAL_APPLICATIONS_AVAILABLE"! The end result
is that my application will never be able to resume its alarms and services
in such cases!!

Further reference (notice the sentence "Note that the packages in this list
do not receive this broadcast"):
http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/reference/android/content/Intent.html#A
CTION_EXTERNAL_APPLICATIONS_AVAILABLE

Also I've found a bug reported for this problem but it's still not accepted
after 7 months:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8485

Any solution? Any clues?

Armond