Hi.
I'm developing an android application which uses character recognition
techonology.
I'm currently eager to join to the android 2nd competition with my
colleagues, and we have worked at 3 months on it.

The application we making includeds a fucntion of character
recognition but the recognition ratio is too low. There's so many
constraint conditions to recognize characters as it is.
The application we found can reconize only a few of fonts in english.
Even the background should be clean and white, and It persists only a
few of fonts style in english.

I'm looking for a nice-working character recongition library for free
to use in this program but it's not so easy.

Here's the Question:
1. Should we focus on to make the level of our own project be more
perfect exclude character recognition or
2. Should we try to make it to be a well-recognized application for
any characters?

We're concerning of the android competition.

Regards.