05.01.2011 2:01, Emre A. Yavuz пишет:
Thanks Kostya,

I've actually been aware of using a callback interface reference to solve this problem, but considering its size and importance (in what I've been working on)

Size and importance?

I just wanted to find out whether there's a simpler way to do it or not.

A Java interface seems like a pretty simple way to me.

In fact, using interfaces to connect pieces of code provides some important benefits:

- It reduces coupling between classes, separating behavior and implementation dependencies;

- It creates a well-defined contract for the class using the interface;

- Provides a way to "call up" in a layered system;

- Related to the above, makes it possible to compile layers as separate units.

and probably some others that I'm forgetting right now.

-- Kostya

Cheers,

Emre