Hi all.

What's the technical term which describes when the current activity is
replaced by the next? I have a mental block going on, but I know there
is one...

Anyway, that's not the point of the post. I want to control the
animation that occurs when this happens if possible. As far as I can
tell, different devices handle it in their own way.

For example, on my Hero, one activity simply replaces the previous, it
just appears. On my Nexus, the new activity glides in elegantly from
the right. I actually want to stop it doing that... I just want the
activity to load and appear in a static way.

Can I control this?

Thanks.