hm...  okay, so my web page looks like this:

however, when I click on that on my phone's browser, it says "Web page
not available     The Web page at myproto://www.myproto.com" might be
temporarily down or it may have....

in my AndroidManifest.xml file I have:

            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="com.test.main"/>
                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>
                <data android:scheme="myproto"/>
            </intent-filter>

so, what am I doing wrong?

tia.