I am trying to figure out of android (at least Froyo) has any <audio>
and <video> HTML5 tag support in any form or shape. I read from many
sources and http://www.html5test.com confirms that although Android
Web browser does support both tags it does not support any audio or
video codecs which basically makes these tags not supported.

At the same time I read in some references that some people may have
found a workaround how to play audio inside a Web browser for instance
by specifying mp3 file source for <video> tag.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=10546

I tried this on my Droid and no clip is played or displayed, only a
placeholder is shown.

Can someone point me to at least one working example (link to a page)
that plays any sort of audio inside a Web browser on Android. If it is
absolutely not possible to play audio via HTML5, is there any way to
launch Android music player to play the mp3 link in some sort of
hidden or minimized form so it does not take over entire screen and
navigate user away from a Web page?