On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Kevin Duffey <andjar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Mark, You know..do you cover this in your book? I don't recall seeing
> an example of this.

No, mostly because the differences are tied up in HttpClient, more so
than Android proper. I may need to get into this someday, though.

> Anyway, it's a POST method to a Java/Jersey rest resource. I assumed I would
> have to some how set the type to multipart/form-data like a browser does for
> uploading files.

Well, that would be a question for whoever wrote your Java/Jersey REST
resource. Until you know precisely what the server expects, IMHO it is
pointless to just toss client code together and hope it works.

Bear in mind that Android's edition of HttpClient does not include
multipart classes, so you'll have a bit more work to do.

Here are a couple of StackOverflow posts that might help:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2544517/uploading-images-to-a-php-server-from-android
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4474367/upload-photo-to-facebook-with-httpclient

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)