I wanna do that, because I have a task running on background. And i
wanna stop it when the application is closed. This task is doing http
calls every X minutes to sync the application data over internet.

Also, android OS keep the state of the application and open it at the
last activity where the user was on.

I would like to open the application always by the main activity. also
this main activity is doing a login call, which receive the session id
to make more http calls. I have a risk to loose the session id, while
the user is not using the app and it stills in memory for a long time.