Hello,

One of my users has reported a mysterious behaviour with a spinner
which I so far have been unable to reproduce. When pressing the
spinner, a list of blank (empty) items appears. Only when selecting an
item does the spinner display the relevant text associated with the
item. The number of blank lines correctly corresponds to the expected
number of items in the spinner.

Here is the code I use for populating the spinner, which is executed
in the onPostExecute method of an AsyncTask:

String[] spinnerArray = new String[]{...}; // array contents omitted.
ArrayAdapter<String> adapter = new ArrayAdapter<String>(ctx,
android.R.layout.simple_spinner_item, spinnerArray);
spinner.setAdapter(adapter);
spinner.setSelection(0);

This is pretty standard as far as I can tell.

Has anybody encountered behaviour similar to what is described above?
Any idea what might be going wrong?

Best,
Michael.