After digging here and there for some times...  It turns out that it is
completly possible to stream video over HTTP using MP4 muxing on Android, it
is just that VLC software can't do that. So it seems there is no universal
video streaming solution over 3G network with VLC as server and Android
device as client :(

Flash Video/HTTP: compatible with VLC, compatible with 3G network, not
compatible with all android device
MP4/HTTP: not compatible with VLC, OK with 3G network, OK with all android
device
MP4/RTSP: OK with VLC, not compatible with all 3G network, OK with all
android device
Sound only/HTTP: compatible with VLC, compatible with 3G network, compatible
with all android device

Thierry.

--
Thierry.