I'm new to Android Dev but have been looking at the tutorials/
examples. One was hooking up google maps to the AVD. It was a small
tutorial and google maps come up fine. I then added the few lines to
link in a custom KML file. My AVD target is Google APIs Platform=2.1
API Level=7.
When I link the google example KML file like so...
Uri uri1 = Uri.parse("geo:0,0?q=http://code.google.com/apis/kml/
documentation/KML_Samples.kml");
It all runs fine and the KMl loads.
But when I copy this same KML_Samples.kml onto a local server in our
domain, I get the "This Community Map could not be displayed because
it contains errors.".
I've looked on the web and others have had this issue but there are no
resolutions I can find. The local domain server I'm putting it on is
Server 2003 with IIS running. I put the KML_Samples.kml in the same
virtual directory which serves up another KML for a Google Earth app
we have. I can hit this KML file on our local server through a browser
(http://IPAddress/kml_files/KML_Samples.kml) and it opens fine. It
just fails when being link through google maps on the AVD.
Is there something else I need to do to make it work on the local
server?

Thanks