I was able to get a copy of the file from a friend of mine so I'm now
good. The repository.xml file on Google has this for the sha1
checksum:

<sdk:archive os="any" arch="any">
<sdk:size>99663071</sdk:size>
<sdk:checksum type="sha1">b11da2f078b7383b0c3357847ab6ede367973ce3</
sdk:checksum>
<sdk:url>android-3.0_pre_r01-linux.zip</sdk:url>
</sdk:archive>

so if you can find another copy and the checksum matches you should be
fine. Note: you don't really need to use the SDK Manager to install
it. Just unzip it and stick the android-Honeycomb folder underneath
platforms.

- dave