On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 2:02 AM, JAlexoid (Aleksandr Panzin)
<jalex...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ubuntu 64bit 10.10, no OSS. No issues with running emulator(except
> that it's slow).

Thanks to everyone who confirmed it works. After much strace-ing I've
found the issue.
There are actually 3 separate issues:

1. SDK 9 emulator doesn't support (or ignores) the -noaudio option. It
was not of
any use before either, though: specifying it resulted in a crash. Cf.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=12182
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=13505

2. SDK 9 emulator doesn't support the -audio oss/-audio alsa parameters
(in previous versions I had it working with -audio alsa). It seems
only pulseaudio
is supported.

3. I had some old esd libraries lying around in /usr/local, and the
emulator was
using those, instead of the pulseaudio ones. That's why it was looking
for /dev/dsp
and hanging on startup.

So now it works, but HC is dead slow, hardly usable at all, even on my
brand new 6 core
machine. Let's hope it gets better after it is officially announced next week.