I am trying to build an application that connects to Continua
certified client devices using Bluetooth. The primary problem I have
run into is that I cannot create a service discovery profile (SDP)
because it crashes when I try to call sdp_record_register.  I could
have a bug in my code, but from my research it looks like the process
requires root permission to register the SDP record.

I used a code sample from
http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x604.html
to try and register a RFCOMM SDP record and added log statements so I
know it is the call to sdp_record_register that is failing.

Am I correct with my assumption that it is not possible to create SDP
records and therefore not possible to implement Bluetooth HDP?

If I am wrong, can you point me in the correct direction to implement
the Bluetooth HDP with implementing the Continua Specification as the
final goal?

If I am correct, who can I work with and/or what steps can I take to
help make the Bluetooth HDP part of the official Android SDK?

Thank you,
-John