A few weeks someone was able to load Thai fonts on their G1 with success.  I
also see apps in the Market for Japanese, like "jsandbox" and "simeji".
Unless I'm missing something, it seems that farsi should also be possible.
You may want to check with these developers and ask how they implemented
their fonts.

Cheers.....Fish