05.02.2011 15:40, Neilz пишет:
Ok, one problem with this alarm service.

I schedule it for some time in the morning, and when I get up and
check the phone, the alarm didn't get called, because it thinks
there's no network connection.

I'm sure the alarm did get called, as the AlarmManager service has nothing to do with networking.

This is a call I make deliberately (I always check there's a
connection before making the server request)... but why does it think
there's no network when the phone is 'sleeping'? The connection is
still there...

Depends on what kind of network connectivity you expect.

In my tests (Moto Milestone), WiFi doesn't get enabled when the phone is woken by an alarm, but the cellular data connection is available immediately.

--
Kostya Vasilyev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com